Spearfishing rules in Finland

General discussion about spearfishing. All registered users can add topics and discuss here.

Moderator: Maza

Doc

Spearfishing rules in Finland

Postby Doc » 29.3.2005 0:37:22

Hi, boys!
Can somebody give me link to exact spearfishing rules in Finland in english? Or send the text? Thanks and best regards.
Go deeper, take bigger!

Zili

Postby Zili » 31.3.2005 16:16:10

Hi Doc

Do you mean the competition rules or the general rules for ex. What kind of licence you need? Where and when you can fish etc.?

Doc

Postby Doc » 13.4.2005 14:25:58

Hi, Ville!
Not competition rules, but just rules for spearfishing for everybody in Finland. For example, in Latvia you can spearfish ONLY in 5 lakes, having a license from 10 till 50 Euro per day (depending of lake and local power's appetite). Other places are prohibited for spearfishing, including Baltic sea. We are fighting for changing this rules few years, but still nothing.
We make special permission during competition. Nearest competition will be in lake Razna 28-29 of May. Everybody welcome. Participation fee about 15 Euros (for prizes and organising). Living in camping with own sheets and blankets 1,5 Euro per day (or own tent free). This lake is usually with good visibility and is very big. Fish - depending of your luck and experience. Usual license for spearfishing in this lake cost 50 Euro per day (not depending of your catch). If somebody is interesting, let me know. More information here http://www.lzmk.lv/champ_05_eng.html
Go deeper, take bigger!

Zili

Postby Zili » 14.4.2005 10:23:44

Hello Doc!

In Finland spearfishing is generally OK, but there are some licenses you need.
- Firstly, everyone needs to buy government fishing license that costs 6€/week or 20€/year.
- Secondly you need the permission of the owner of the water area ( it can be free of charge or it can cost something). This is a bit more complicated because a lot of the sea areas are privatly owned.
- However for example in Hanko (that is one of the best spots in Finland) you can spearfish with the Southern Finland county rod license 7€/week 27€/year. This license is OK also for many other state owned water areas.
- In Helsinki you need to buy a special spearfishing license that costs 10€ year.
- In lakes you need to buy the local fishing license or to get permission from the owner of the water area

This sounds a bit complicated but usually it is not! Remember that spearfishing is not allowed in rivers and between 16.4-20.6 anywhere without a special permission. Also remember that you can shoot any species of fish but that many fish have minimum sizes. (you can find them in the Spearfishing competition rules.)

Doc

Postby Doc » 16.4.2005 0:01:23

Thank you, Zili! But can you show me number, name and date of documents to give it to our stupid officials!
Go deeper, take bigger!

Zili

Postby Zili » 29.4.2005 13:43:39

Hi Doc,

I sent you the Fishing Law in english by e-mail. I hope you got it and that it helps your efforts.

Pyli

Return to “General”